Recall repairs will be performed free of charge. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 23,000. problems of the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Garbage looks good dont let the looks fool you maybe these cars were made by the Chinese I am talking about my 2016 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 litre that I purchase from a car sales person nothing but problems its been burning oil I have to put oil in every week and it not leaking the pistons seal is not properly installed or the engineblock is not right for the pistons I know I will have catalytic converter and sensor problem soon so I need some help# 6477664755, I have had nothing but problems with the transmission for the past almost 5 months. Our current situation is, I will have paid for another vehicle we had no choice before the other vehicle arrives. Recently my vehicle went into limp mode and was told by Hyundai that my transmission failed and needed to be replaced. The driver did not know that engine stalling is a common problem with the Hyundai Tucson because he did not review available complaints on websites like carcomplaints.com. Have taken it to the dealer. However, for drivers facing engine failure, this recall doesnt cover that issue. Unfortunately, he got disappointed when dealing with engine hesitating problems after only 2400 miles! I had to get over quickly and park on a side street. Both drivers did not get into accidents. We also provide you with detailed information about expected repairs, mileage, and costs. They did not acknowledge the problem with the vehicle or address legitimate safety concerns. My family was frequently put in dangerous situations where the vehicle would have no power and would not respond. The same symptoms that prompted me to take the car in for service the first time appeared again. Transmission, lights, air conditioning, doors not opening, tires. Luckily, they were close enough to the exit and could pull over where they ended up without any moving vehicle. This vehicle is horrible. Hyundai recalls 130,000 more vehicles on engine failure The fuel economy isnt great compared with its top competitors. A separate service bulletin addresses slipping transmission problems for other years not included in the original recall. Nothing helps better than listening to real stories from actual customers about their engine problems Hyundai Tucson 2012 model year. I cut it down to 5000kms noticed it was uses quite a bit of oil 2-3 liters before oil changes . Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. We don't sell/share your email. We have been in constant contact with the dealership throughout. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting Hyundai Tucson Problems Range from Seizing Engine to This is a huge safety issue as I drive CA freeways with cars doing 75 mph- it will run for a limited time but it won-t let you accelerate and will get you to the dealer but you must get it to dealer in a very short window- it-s an engine problem and could put me in extreme danger -". While 2015 Honda Hyundai did not receive as many complaints as 2012, customers were extremely frustrated about significant engine damages that caused many repair costs. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. I had to have the engine replaced at 75,000 miles under warranty because it was burning oil. Now when I had it into the dealership for an oil change would they have not seen the shavings when checking the fluid level? Bump the Tucson problem graphs up another notch. The failure mileage was 23,668. Even if it sounds like Hyundai addressed the situation, drivers are still logging new reports at the NHTSA. 2019 Hyundai Tucson Others felt a violent thunk as the transmission missed a shift. Web2019. Pulled to side of road. It was only at 1000 miles when he started noticing a significant shake of the vehicle followed by quick stalling. Theres also a thread dedicated to this issue on Hyundai-Forums. Earlier models of this vehicle have been recalled due to this issue. Last year our engine lost power and the car wont go more than 40 mph. based on similar complaints / civil filings that are ALL OVER THE WEB) and dealer says Im responsible for paying for new engine. The 2019 @Hyundai Tucson succeeds at being smart and sensible: https://t.co/Ka5KWgDEaL pic.twitter.com/KZaQbb2wQp. It has 100k on it and had the ECM update to detect rod knock with the knock sensor (obviously it didn't work). I just want out of this vehicle. After Hyundai did my TCM update, my car will not shift properly and will suddenly stall and start back up. The state police arrived on the scene; however, a police report has not been obtained. This car has been highly maintained by both myself and the previous owner. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. 2014 Tucson, be prepared for engine issues. Loose airbag assemblies in the 2011 to 2014 model years recalled vehicles to the service center. Code P0420 "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)". How did they not recall this vehicle. Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. The vehicle was jumpstarted and the horn began to blare once the engine restarted. One of the most affectionate and copious cause is that your 2019 Hyundai Tucson gas cap is loose, damaged or missing. It put me and my baby (who was in the backseat) in danger as we were going fast on a highway and out of nowhere the car lost speed and I could not accelerate. Hyundai Tucson is an amazing vehicle, and it has many fans around the United States and the globe. After getting their weekend vacation ruined, these couples ended up with lots of debts and had to use credit cards to stay up for a couple of nights in the hotel before leaving for Canada, and they never got their vehicle to work again. Got car towed to dealership on Thursday morning, still no engine light. Been to dealer and the issue is not fixable . At first, I thought it was a battery issue. We ordered an ioniq 5 ultimate long-range AWD. He said the transmission was full of shavings. The contact was able to pull over safely. Paint (fading, chalking, cracking, or peeling), loose interior and exterior trim or moldings, rust. Better yet, issues found in one year or generation rarely appear in later versions. See the Back button blue bar at the very top of the page to explore more. in these couples' beautiful weekend trip to the United States. Common problems found on the 2019 Hyundai Tucson include hesitation while accelerating, front collision avoidance system issues, along with rusted rear brake Hyundai dual clutch transmission is horrible in traffic. So, CarHP would veto the Korean SUV. Prior to all of this, there was no warning sign at all that this was a potential hazard. WebWorst 2019 Hyundai Tucson Problems by Category Find something helpful? This time the light was on and Tucson was overheating. Turns out it was the catalytic converter, thankfully the dealership replaced it so I wasn't out of pocket, primarily due to the fact that I had a friend who had some pull. Its unsafe and unreliable. That wasnt a hypothetical situation for one unlucky Hyundai Tucson owner from Georgia, who escaped unharmed. The contact stated while in her daughter's possession, the engine had failed to start after multiple attempts. I helped my daughter buy a used 2019 Hyundai Tuscon with 42K miles since she was going to med school and needed reliable transportation. It-s been approximately 5 weeks since I-ve gotten it back and the check engine light came on again. Unfortunately, the owner was already all $9000 for the vehicle, and he considered it a total waste. Local Junk Car Buyers: Who Buys Junk Cars Near Me? Engine began to smoke while driving with no warning, had complete engine failure and had to have vehicle towed to dealership. FAQs or access your They also installed a new oil pressure switch to prevent a recurrence of the dangerous situation. WebIf your Hyundai Tucson is having trouble starting, idling rough or has a sudden change in the position of the throttle pedal, this could be a sign of a bad mass airflow sensor. Lights and electrical components are working, but the engine doesn't crank. This popular compact SUV also has a user-friendly infotainment system. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. 2017 Toyota Tundra Problems: Everything you Need To Know! If you feel you have received this message in error, please view our customer care And when you hop back in your car and start it, it begins to smoke. The contact pulled off the highway, and at the bottom of the off ramp she had to stop for a traffic light. We still dont recognize that sign in. of 2019 Hyundai Tucson owners. Shocks or struts, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, alignment, steering linkage (includes rack and pinion), power steering (pumps and hoses, leaks), wheel balance, springs or torsion bars, bushings, electronic or air suspension. Now Check engine light for misfire. I have another appointment to see what is wrong this time. Test That Car Battery Regularly! For the price, the 2019 Tucson brings a lot to the table. So I went to buy a new battery as soon as I parked the car by dragging it to the first available parking spot. The vehicle was diagnosed a second time and the mechanic retrieved DTC: P1326. , Hyundai recorded several vehicles suffering from the engine not accelerating, especially when pressing the pedal frequently. Sonya is a vastly experienced journalist who loves to share her passion for everything automotive. No the 10 year 100000 mile drive trans coverage is such a lie,if timeing belt brakes you are going to pay for that ,the warentee does not cover the 2nd owener of the with just 50,000miles,it does not cover much. Looks like this car has had battery drainage problems since 2005. The knocking would start 4000KM after an oil change. I see now there is a proposed class action settlement which should include the Sport! In other words, the location they're living in forces them to go into 45 mph traffic from a standing stop. You turn the car off, and it bursts into flames. When you review the entire history of the Hyundai Tucson back to 2005, it is a model with relatively few recalls and problems. On December 30, 2020, Hyundai expanded the recall population, and added certain 2016-2018 Tucson vehicles. In addition, the previous models 1.6-liter turbo engine found itself replaced by a more compelling 2.4-liter engine option. Car started knocking on a Wednesday like it wanted to cut off, no engine lights came on. A transmission control module update provided a fast and effective fix. I have always noticed a hesitation when taking off. Fast forward to the next day, I was driving again on a highway at about 65mph, when the SAME thing happens. The Tucsons recall Priced starting at $26,130 including Additionally, more owners come out of the woodwork with the same problem. In future I will be not going for any Hyundai products. My 2016 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Turbo, 97000 (kilometers) mileage and suddenly engine knocking noise with check light. The bill for the plug assembly and the coil assembly was $635.00. We took the car to the dealership and they said this issue is related to a sensor and they replaced it at no additional cost because the car was still under warranty. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. We recommend that you always have a pre-purchase inspection of your used Hyundai Tucson before making a final purchase decision. Unsubscribe any time. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. Take, for instance, this harrowing account from an owner in Centennial, Colorado: Driving hwy speeds 65mph, car lost all acceleration and almost killed by truck while changing lanes. He thinks that Hyundai Tucson is not doing its job in recalling such problems like other competitors. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Their stories can provide details about their vehicle's specifications, mileage at when the problem occurs, repair costs, and rank the problem severity. Widespread engine problems prompted a safety recall of the 2019 Tucson and other model years too. The contact stated while driving approximately 45 MPH and merging onto the highway, the vehicle began to lose motive power. Hyundai's number for this recall is 195. On the other hand, when he took it to an independent repair shop, they were able to identify some misfires. Feb 4, 2022. Still, even if theres a possibility of engine problems at low mileage, at least Tucson owners no longer have to worry about their engines catching fire. Our process is very straightforward. Hyundai In 2019, Hyundai made some changes too. The clutch got replaced, but its still shaking terribly. Documents showed that high exhaust gas temperatures can damage the catalytic converters, which control pollution. The owner thinks that Hyundai Tucson is not paying good attention to customers' reviews and its problem and should keep up with customer's complaints similar to other competitors. From a standing stop it will shake and shudder until it gains speed. No check engine light, no slugging around, no skipping. "A rattle that seems to be coming from the back of the passenger side. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. Poorly made. However, some owners have experienced some serious rattling noises from their 2019 Hyundai Tucson engine. If you have engine issues you'll have a longtime issue. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. ", "Started within 1000 miles. And go figure no recalls to be had 112000 km not happy as its done !! They claim this is how it should work. I have had my 2018 Tucson Value for a year, bought it used with only 28K on it, I now have 64K on it and it is the worst driving vehicle I have ever driven - mind you, I've drove a lot. They continued for the entire time we had the vehicle. At other times, the push-button start would not work. They just accepted Hyundai's denial and is now attempting to take advantage. They said you are out of warranty. It doesnt fix the problem of corrosion shorting the HECU. Today my engine blew after full oil inspection on Friday, this is Tuesday. He described that the problem should not be associated with a brand new vehicle, and it most likely is related to a lemon type vehicle. She was nearly rear ended. In June 2022 while driving down the road the engine just quit! No problem since. The bearings damage the engine which may lead to a stall or fire. WebHow reliable is the 2019 Hyundai Tucson? We took the car again to the dealership and they said we need to replace the transmission. While driving, I came to a stop sign and the car completely shut off. receive as many complaints as 2012, customers were extremely frustrated about significant engine damages that caused many repair costs. Currently, he regrets not doing his homework am looking at what other people say. The contact stated that a loud humming noise was coming from the engine compartment. I am worried. 2017 Tuscan had to have engine replaced just over 100000km Hyundai fought with extended warranty lucky to get used motor put in Hyundai should have owned up and replaced it new also have almost had multiple accidents due to car almost stalling before it finally will take off have been told this is normal for the transmission have complained since long before warranty ran out now replaced motor you have to add at least 2ltrs of oil between oil changes overall just disgusted with powertrain ????? The 2019 Hyundai Tucson ranks in the top half of the compact SUV class. Confirmed misfire follows when moving coil 3. Working with hyundai is so frustrating im on day 9 of a non stop migraine. However, with our expert opinion, we recommend that you read through this article carefully and familiarize yourself with all reported engine problems at Hyundai Tucson. Spread the word. Took it to a mechanic that has advised me that the engine seized up. about his wife driving their 2017 Hyundai Tucson with a 2.0 L engine. Since the vehicle was used, he could not use the 100,000 miles warranty and ended up with a broken vehicle sitting in his driveway. However, its problems have a widespread impact and can result in injuries or fatalities. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and a case was opened. Car was a 2019 Hyundai Tucson which I purchased in 2020 with 60,059miles. 2018 TUCSON - BURNING OIL, TRANSMISSION, CAT CONVERTER. Then the car lost power while I was passing a car. I have trouble accelerating and occasionally it stalls at stop lights. When inspected, the car had consumed about 1 quart of oil after driving at highway speeds for approximately 3000 miles. I currently have 93k miles on my vehicle. Recall Alert: Fire Danger Almost A Comprehensive Guide, 10 Junk Car Selling Tips: Get the Most Cash For Your Junk Car, Instant Cash for Junk Cars: Get Fast Offers for Your Old Vehicle. The VIN was associated with NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V543000 (Service Brakes, Hydraulic). Save products you love, products you own and much more! The contact stated that the check engine and low oil warning lights illuminated. While we arent sure what the problem stems from, we do know that there have been extensive recalls due to issues with the Hyundai engines. After driving the Tucson for approximately 1,000 miles, the check engine light appeared again. The biggest problem with the vehicle is that it can't switch from stop to accelerate quickly. He didn't get any help, they didn't even bother checking the vehicle, and he ended up with the vehicle without a resolved problem. In many cases, buyers have reported the vehicle losing Power loss issues from 4 months into purchase. Many commenters on the thread point out that if the owner is having issues, they should probably take it to the dealer and have it looked at. How To Get Cash for Scrap Cars Near Me? Table 1. While they were driving on the day 3 highway in New Jersey, their engine suddenly made weird noises followed by complete engine stalling. There were no warning lights on the instrument panel. The Anti-lock brake hydraulic unit might corrode internally, which can increase the chance of a short circuit, resulting in an engine compartment fire. I found it very odd that it would stop working abruptly while waiting on a red light. But not everyone thinks the problem is that simple. Perhaps the most alarming complaint that resulted in a recall pertains to the dual-clutch transmission on the 2016 Hyundai Tucson ECO. It is a characteristic of this car. Let's take a closer look at what people had to say about their experience with engine problems Hyundai Tucson 2017 model year : This frustrated owner was very concerned about his wife driving their 2017 Hyundai Tucson with a 2.0 L engine. According to ABC News, Hyundai and Kia were recently fined over $100 million for delaying a recall of more than a million vehicles with defects resulting in engine failure. Nor does it provide much cabin or cargo space compared with rivals like the Mazda CX-5, Honda CR-V, and Toyota RAV4. We are extremely upset and hurt by the complete lack of concern for our safety and the reality that they sold a vehicle that NEVER performed as it was intended. As it urns out (through my own research), my vin# falls under a recall issue that was not fixed prior to purchase nor disclosed to me, re:"engine monitoring and logics warning system failure". Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. We were fortunate the bus driver saw we were in distress and stopped 2ft short of hitting us. I have a 2015 Hyundai Tucson. However, its path to success has not been smooth. I took it to the Pohanka Hyundai dealer in Salisbury, MD on April 26. Several other owner complaints on the NHTSAs website involve the car suddenly dying, putting drivers in dangerous situations. Also, the 2006 to 2011 Hyundai Tucson is part of a huge recall affecting 1.7 million vehicles for a bad stop lamp switch. Priced starting at $26,130 including destination, the new @Hyundai #Tucson Sport makes 181 hp and gets a six-speed automatic transmission. Still, the same issue with a rattling noise in the engine is the problem. 2019 Hyundai Tucson Problems and Complaints Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, 21 Small Kitchen Appliances for $100 or Less, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. 2019 Hyundai Tucson I purchased 13 months ago with a mere 5, 241 miles on it., (Currently 29k mi) from Bert Ogden Subaru/Mazda in Edinburg, TX. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. The failures start as early as 40,000 miles. Unsubscribe any time. The interior styling saw upgrades. Near causing accident. how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. The owner purchased his 2015 Hyundai Tucson immediately after it was released. In addition several electrical issues like passenger belt light staying on even if no one was in the seat blue tooth issues and connectivity and dome light not working, Bought car January 23,2023 as is off moser motors February 11th 2023 car broke down along side of road moser to it to there shop for mechanic to look at said motor is blown up and starter s now also out of it, paid 10,000 cash and all they want to do is give 2,500 and they towed it for no charge. This It is still under 100,000 miles and I have had to replace two cylinder coils. Vehicles recalled: Hyundai Tucson SUVs from the 2016 through 2021 model years, and Kia Stinger sedans manufactured from June 21, 2018, through July 9, 2019. Tips And Tricks, 24/7 Car Removal Service Near Me: Same Day Car Pickup. Engine Burning Oil Problems of Hyundai Tucson The vehicles have 2.4-liter, 2 This owner was very excited to purchase his new 2017 Hyundai Tucson with a 1.0 L Turbo engine. He told me that I needed to call Hyundai because he has continuously seen this issue and that there is no reason my car should have just locked up like that. Based on information received from our latest In one Reddit thread, an owner of a brand new 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport posts about the engine making rattling noises. This is an online automotive information provider of a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for Hyundai TUCSON 2019 engine. Widespread engine problems prompted a safety recall of the 2019 Tucson and other model years too. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. Hyundai Tucson Problems Range from Seizing Engine to Slipping Transmission while Generating Few Recalls Over the Years. Hyundai Tucson Reliability and Common Problems Web2019 Hyundai Tucson $18,200 - $24,075 VIEW COMPARE Reliability We expect the 2023 Tucson will have about average reliability when compared to the average new car. The fire department also arrived and extinguished the fire. Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. Hyundai But they don't have solution for this bearing fix and they asked me to trade the car. The contact drove to her residence while the vehicle struggled but was unable to exceed 25 MPH. I HAVE to have car for work and dealer knows it and seems hyundai does, because they wont cover rental, wont provide "loaner" and seems dealer didnt even debate this with HMA because I purchased vehicle elsewhere. The 2019 Tucson made an impressive debut when it was unveiled. Compression test passed. receipts were provided)and rejecting claim(which seems to be their m.o. My engine seized without any notice. were associated with engine problems Hyundai Tucson for the 2017 model year, these reported problems were associated with significant engine damage is ranging from hesitating to accelerate, knocking sound, engine shutting off, and engine shaking excessively. Luckily the transmission will be replaced at no additional cost due to the10 years/100,000 mile warranty that we purchased when we bought the car. Dealership called on Thursday said I need a new engine. We can glean from the thread that at least a few people have encountered this Hyundai Tuscon problem. Check engine light has come on twice AFTER the car was at dealers for the recall about the knock sensor. The Reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey More importantly, 2) There are several class-action lawsuits underway, one settled, in which Hyundai was found liable for faulty "class II Theta Engines" and a suit involving "GDI NU 2.OL" (same as my vehicle) leading to rod knocking sensor failure, premature worn bearings and even cars catching fire! Home HOW IS THERE NO RECALL ON THIS YET??? Grrr I hope I did not buy a lemon. Considering that the campaign applies to 41,000 of the 89,000 SUVs produced that year, the high percentage of owners filing a report indicates the severity of the issue. You can usually find her at the track covering NASCAR, taking a test drive, or drooling over the latest models at the local auto show. After taking the car to the repair shop, they got broken with the news that the engine completely failed in it required $5000 in repair costs. The car stuttered, lost all acceleration, and the check engine light was flashing. As part of the recall, owners have been asked to take their Tucsons to dealerships to have the hydraulic electronic unit in the antilock braking system replaced (free of charge) to prevent this from happening. Most of it good, of coursetheres a reason the Tucson is such a popular choice. Common problems of the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Luckily, they were close enough to the exit and could pull over where they ended up without any moving vehicle. Technicians tightened the steering wheel bolts to ensure proper function.